Open Faculty positions in Computer Graphics and Visualization
More information can be found here.
Open PhD and Postdoc positions in Computer Graphics and Visualization
You will find concrete positions on this page.
Nonetheless, we are always looking for motivated PhDs and Postdocs in the areas of Computer Graphics and Visualization.
Precisely, we are interested in candidates from the areas of rendering, alternative representations, and visualization, geometric modelling.
For more information or questions, please contact Lauretta Ritchie (L.J.G.Ritchie@tudelft.nl).
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- You are a talented and enthusiastic researcher.
- PhD Track: You have experience with or a strong background in computer graphics and image processing. Preferably you finished a master in the speciality of Computer Graphics in Computer Science, additionally, you might qualify with a diploma in (Applied) Mathematics, (Applied) Physics or Electrical Engineering if you have graphics experience.
- PostDoc: You have a PhD in the domain of the position and/or strong experience in one of the related fields (computer graphics, visualization, geometry processing, and human machine interaction)
- You are an excellent scientist with an excellent publication record.
- You are familiar with C++, OpenGL, and GPU programming.
- You have good communication skills
- You are a good teamplayer and able/willing to supervise bachelor, PhD, and Master students related to this project.
- You have good command of the English language (knowledge of Dutch is not required).
PhD: Material Appearance
This projects regards the topic of Material Appearance Modeling and Acquisition. The activities will focus on improving appearance acquisition methods and/or enhancing appearance representation. Material appearance touches many important aspects of modern computer graphics, such as photorealistic rendering, content creation, virtual replica and prototyping, among many others. Nevertheless, precisely and efficiently capturing and representing materials are still a challenge, and new and innovative research ideas are needed to push the state-of-the-art of this exciting area forward. For more information please contact Dr. Ricardo Marroquim.
PostDoc Sail Regatta of the Future
This Postdoc position will be part of a project in collaboration with the Sailing Innovation Center ( www.sailinginnovationcentre.nl/ ), whose goal is to create excitement for the sailing sport by involving modern technologies.
PhD+Postdoc: Multi-view Rendering
The classic setting of a standard screen, a compute device, and a single user is about to change, with the advent of many-view rendering scenarios. Stereoscopic, virtual-reality, augmented reality, multi-view, and soon light-field and holographic displays (to provide correct depth perception) enter the mass market and require many images of the same content. Similarly, other applications, such as remote-rendering with large crowds operating low-performance devices, or complex light transport phenomena (see image) lead to structurally similar challenges. This project addresses the topic of many-view rendering via three research lines with high potential for scientific and technological impact. First, we want to identify and reduce recurring computations. Second, given that the user interprets the image, we aim at reducing costs by exploiting perceptual limitations. Finally, we will conceive novel design tools to build efficient content for many-view scenarios.
Postdoc: Creative Computer Graphics
In this work, we plan to investigate solutions for creative content production to support the creation of high quality visual content by novice users. The work will combine aspects of computer graphics, perception, and computational photography. The idea is to rely on perceptual insights to improve the outcome of a creation process. The postdoc will be able to investigate several projects, ranging from computational photography, over stereo perception, to interactive style control and transfer.