dr. Charl P. Botha
I head the Medical Visualisation group at the TU Delft.
Our research is formulated along two lines:
- Visualization for surgical planning.
- Visual analysis of medical data.
My activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing new research ideas and getting them funded.
- Advising M.Sc. and Ph.D. students.
- Authoring research articles and other literature.
- Developing and evaluating new visualisation and imaging algorithms and systems.
- Teaching at the undergrad and postgrad level.
- Not dealing with email-overload.
Fri, 25 May 2012 09:54:09 +0000
The new IPython Notebook is gorgeous:
Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:31:00 +0000
With large datasets and complex networks, DeVIDE requires (much) more memory. At some point, you try to allocate just a few hundred megabytes more, and then you’re sitting there staring at the command prompt: DeVIDE has crashed due to your system running out of more memory to give it.
There’s not all that much we can do about this. However, with the new memory monitor (see screenshot below), you should at least not be that surprised anymore:
To upgrade your DeVIDE 12.2.7 installation to a development snapshot, follow these not-so-simple instructions.
Sat, 11 Feb 2012 12:46:50 +0000
Ok people, it finally happened! We have managed to squeeze out a brand-new “stable” release of DeVIDE, about 2.5 years since the previous one.
First check the list of major changes since the previous release, then go to the website frontpage to see if you agree with the list of features that we have compiled, then download yer binaries from the downloads page!
- p.s. Please send me nice screenshots. Stories of how you’re using the software would also be awesome.
- p.p.s. Don’t forget to cite the DeVIDE paper if you find it useful in your work.
If you are an M.Sc. student looking for a final project in the exciting field of Medical Visualisation, please send me a mail so we can have a chat about what's available. We collaborate with a number of academic hospitals, so there are always challenging and interesting problems to solve. B.Sc. project students are also welcome, we have more interesting problems than we have people!
Also see the list of current medical visualisation projects for possibilities.
My online identity aggregator - full curriculum vitae (CV) and details of my various online identities.
People/CharlBotha (last edited 2012-09-27 16:25:06 by BartVastenhouw)